Saturday, April 30, 2011

Feeling spoiled



I recently received this amazing quilt from my DollQultSwap10 partner Kati. Kati blogs over at from the blue chair. I've actually visited Kati's blog a few times in the past.

I LOVE this quilt! I have always been a fan of black backgrounds (as I'm sure a few of you already know) and the aqua is a new favorite of mine.



The back is stunning too. Love the quilting lines and the label looks great all crooked.


Kati also included some goodies. She used some of her leftover scraps to make this hot pad. Thanks Kati but I don't think this will used in the kitchen. This one will be going up on a wall somewhere too. I also received some fabric to play with. See that simple looking roll with the red tie? I wonder what is in there....


Kati also made these pins. She told me that this was her first time making pins like this. I'm guessing they are clay. I think they turned out great. I especially LOVE the rose! I know how hard they are to make in ribbon, I don't want to even think about how hard they would be in clay.

Thanks Kati!!! Everything is amazing!

13 comments:

luv2quilt2 said...

Wonderful gifts! I love the quilt and... well all of the lovelies.

Jackie's Stitches said...

What a great swap partner you had! I cannot even fathom making those intricate pins.

Toni said...

How wonderful!!! I wonder if she will sell those pins, they would be perfect for gifts!!

Barb said...

You are a lucky girl...

pam said...

Feeling spoiled???? YOU ARE SPOILED!

OMG the quilt is so beautiful - fabulous colors.

And the string hot pad - if it were mine it would be on the wll too! OR it would be a mug rug on very special occasions.

sewfunquilts said...

Wonderful quilt and goodies. Those pins are terrific....such talent. You're one lucky lady with this package.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

I think someone else knows your favorite color by the looks of the pretty quilt--what pretty work she did--and those tiny pins--that work is not for me--so I admire whoever can do things that tiny!!!
Hugs, Di and that miss gracie

Allie said...

Wow - you ARE spoiled!!!! LOL! She made you some gorgeous gifts!!!!!!!! It must have felt like Christmas!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a totally fantastic doll quilt--front and back.

Anonymous said...

Hello Robing, love the jewel colours in your new quilt....and the string hot pad....Regards, Lyn

NEEDLEWINGS said...

It's very obvious that your swap partner is so giving! Lucky you! woo hoo!!!

Yarni Gras! said...

sweet quilt and those pins are da bomb! You were spoiled!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow I love it all! The little pins are so cute...I have been wanting to make some for a long time and I love the quilt label especially!!!!!!!!